Issue K40 Whisperer "Sending Data Stopped:

Issue K40 Whisperer

“Sending Data Stopped: (K40 Whisperer V0.15) --------------------------- maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp --------------------------- OK ---------------------------”

Hi @Scorch,
I create a PNG in Inkskape with the Letter HEMMI in Old Cologne Font.
I opened it with Paint and add some lines.
I open a new Inkslape Doc and imported the edited PNG.
I use a Inksape function to convert it.
I edit the result as red line like you explained in your Video (normaly it works)
I saved it as a 4 cm high and 20 cm long version.
I imported it to K40 Whisperer V0.15
Result: Error Message appairs.
Sending Data Stopped: (K40 Whisperer V0.15) --------------------------- maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp --------------------------- OK -------------------------
Could you explaint what goes wrong? I not shure what the correct interpretation of the message is.

Red Line Setting

@BEN_3D can you send the svg file to my e-mail address so I can investigate. My address is in the help menu.

Hi +Scorch Works,
Yes indeed, where could I find your mail address?
Cheers Ben

@BEN_3D My e-mail address is in the K40 Whisperer ‘Help’ menu

@Scorch
Fine, I will send it to you this afternoon.

I am pretty sure the error is a result of the many lines that are nearly on top of each other in your SVG file. K40 Whisperer should be able to handle it so your file will be a good test file while I am fixing it. Thanks for sending it.

@Scorch
Ah, nice. that is a result of the convertation function in german “Bitmap nachzeichen” see my screenshot. May be there is a way to reduce it to a single line in the svg File with Inkscape automatically

Ah, if you know what you do, it was easy to fix, in the svg file with inkscape.I delete the useless lines in a few seconds, that should be work now.

Hello gents,
i hit the similar issue today and can’t resolve it. Could you please advice how to check if i have exact same issue (in Inkscape) and how to remove it? If i check my file - i don’t see several lines but only one. I created picture by “draw bezier curves and stright lines” + added additional red line to cut it afterwards. Problem is obviously in my blue (engraving) lines. I would very much appreciate any hints to solve this issue

thank you
Martin

So are you getting a “sending data stopped” error? If so, what else is in the error message?