Is there an actual tutorial for using laserweb.

Is there an actual tutorial for using laserweb. And can you use laserweb3 to get used to it before installing my cohesion3d mini.

TIA

Prefer something in writing rather than youtube. Easier to reference.

Here’s some light reading to get you started: https://github.com/LaserWeb/LaserWeb3/wiki

In regards to your second question, you can test LaserWeb (once installed on your system) without having a laser plugged in.

Looking forward to it

I can attest to that. It’s mostly been me telling people, hey, here’s a screenshot of the settings you need to pop in. Then open a picture or vector, set it up, and run. Hit connect to start talking to the board at some point in time in between. :slight_smile:

The only bit that is remotely difficult is working out what specific settings work for certain materials, which is just a trial & error thing & running some calibration engraves/cuts for that material. The rest is pretty straight-forward :slight_smile:

I have 100’s of cdr files. And easy way to convert?

LaserWeb takes pictures and vector files. So you should look into how to export CorelDraw into pictures or something like DXF.

That I can do, I was just hoping there might be a way to do a batch.

@raykholo Where’s the screenshot?

Not following. What screenshot?

Misunderstood - Their telling YOU to open a screenshot.(previous post from you).

Ah, a snapshot of the LaserWeb settings to pop in? I’ll get that posted on the support site.

Thanks

@raykholo ​ would love to see those settings too. I’ve got it running well, but it’d be interested to see if you have anything that’s different from my settings

Here you go.

@raykholo comparing your screenshot to my settings…I don’t currently have the M3/M5 Start/End codes in there. Do I need those? Something I’m missing without them?

@Chris_Sader the M3 and M5 are for 2 wire replace pot pwm approach. If you have that then you need those in there.
If you have the 1 wire approach which I am recommending more now - sending PWM to L - then you do not need them in there.