is it just me or is fusion360 stupidly complex?

is it just me or is fusion360 stupidly complex? I picked up solidworks and sketchup quite easily but after 10 minutes with fusion I turned it off in frustration because i couldn’t figure out how to do something whereas with the other two i could always figure out a solution quickly and be able to get on with what i’m doing and this is the third time i’ve tried to use this software

I haven’t played with it yet. I have it installed but I’ve been in Inventor all week. I find your comments apply to Inventor as well. I picked up solid works and sketchup and various other cad programs quicker.

Its not complex. Its just different. I had the same issue. I powered through a project, watched some tutorials to try and understand how fusion wanted you to think. Once I did that it was all gravy and I actually greatly prefer it over other software now (I know Creo and NX very well. Little bit of SW)

What are you having issues with.

pretty much everything i want to do is just not very intuitive and I just can’t seem to get on with it.

I experienced the same wall, but after having broken that wall down, i now like Fusion more over Solidworks. I find many functions are much simpler.

As @Joe_Spanier say, see through the tutorials.

Biggest difference is the difference between bodies, components and component groups. Once you understand that and how joints work it all just kinda falls into place. If you have some actual questions I’m happy to help.

Coming from SolidWorks it took some getting used to, but now that I’ve acclimated I’m becoming more productive. Give it time, it’s definitely frustrating at first. Oh, and watch the tutorial videos they are quite helpful.

Coming from Inventor at work it was foreign at first, but I watched a couple you tube tutorials and got up to speed with it. I like the cloud aspect of it because I can work on multiple machines and pick up right where I left off.

It was hard for me at first too. Some tutorials didn’t help, but there was one that made a stool that really made some things click for me. I’m still a beginner, but given that the price is free, I’m willing to spend more time learning. Not to mention the world class CAM in there that is also free to hobbyists.

i love it. Watch the YouTube video’s and you will get used to it quickly. I was very happy how quickly I learned it. Just watch the training videos and stick with it

If you work well with solidworks, just use that for cad.
I have the same problem, I can’t do anything in fusion for cad, but I love it for cam.

Thanks for the great comments very useful