Interesting development. I received today this video from the manufacturer sent by the engineer

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty yah pull out your metal laser cap rotation tool and adjust.

missing/deleted image from Google+

I would let the suplyer replace the tube! They seem to have serious quality problems.

Second video… Not even a pair of gloves… looool. Where can I find those laserproof, heatproof, voltage proof fingers with +90 Luck? And those are some pretty big tubes he’s got there.

@Mircea_Russu not that I am endorsing touching it naked handed but that end of the tube is very low voltage :).

Well this guy keeps telling me to rotate that cap

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty whats the down side to trying it. Not working anyway. Make sure that that end is really gnd. I would even disconnect from meter and connect gnd directly.

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty did you manage to get it to work again?i have given up on it and ordered a nee tube :cry:

omg that video from the mfg… I’m guessing they don’t do workmans comp/insurance plans at that factory lol…

So you’re getting Co2 excitment inside the tube indicated by the visible purple beam, but nothing for laser output? Sounds quite similar to my current nightmare I’ve been dealing with… https://youtu.be/gVpyHNwwy3o

@Madyn3D_CNC_LLC Factory says the i only need to rotate the cap, but the screws are so tight im having trouble

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty Ahh, yea judging by the video they sent you, I can see in the background they sure like using their lock-tite!

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty if you haven’t already try:

1. Acetone
  2. Heat the screw with a soldering iron

@donkjr my outputlens is glued on and i wonder how to remove it. I tried scrapping the glue away with razor blade but it is still stuck on. Any suggestions?

@Paul_de_Groot ​ we are going were no man has gone before :slight_smile:

@Paul_de_Groot does yours have screws or just a metal ring that is glued? I think the permanent ones are put on with epoxy :(.

@donkjr just a copper ring. I don’t think its possible to remove it. It’s just that I’m in such a time pressure to complete things. I’ve ordered a new tube anyway with expedited delivery but still slow from china sigh

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty yes it feels like a crazy adventure. If i wasn’t such in a rush i would just wait for the new tube to arrive.

@Paul_de_Groot UGGH!

@donkjr yes i should be just patient, throw away the old tube and wait for the new one, sigh

Removed screws but the end cup does not rotate, at least with hand pressure