Incidentally I found a draft of this post from last January.

Incidentally I found a draft of this post from last January. The most difficult part was to extract pictures from Notes.

:+1: sharing @whackyhack ​.

Trying it later.

Recently, with my Ares all powered up & at Ares Octoprint, i uploaded the .stl file, but nothing happens thereafter. Logged out & in again, reoeated upload process. Still no change.
It’s the 1st time i encountered such a situation.

Do you mean after upload the .stl file doesn’t show? Could it be that your storage is full?

Sorry for late reply.

I can’t recall whether the .stl file was uploaded to Ares Octoprint, then I clicked and nothing happened OR it was not uploaded at all.
I vaguely it was the 1st case.

Ah if that’s the case, must be that empty path.

What’s the solution?

Tomorrow, I’ll really hunker down & spend time with my Ares & read the article that you attached.

“Path to CuraEngine” is blank in that “dirty” OctoPrint release shipped with many, if not all Ares units. Just enter /home/pi/Cura/CuraEngine/build/CuraEngine into that box. It comes with one Cura profile. But that one did not work very well with my then faulty firmware. If your firmware matches your rod, that may as well work. Then you can experiment with other profiles.

@whackyhack , thanks once again for sharing.
Typing “/home/pi/Cura/CuraEngine/build/CuraEngine” in the box in “Settings” > “PLUGINS” > “CuraEngine” with the Cura profile selected, I was able to slice the uploaded item and printing started ok.