I'm trying to put together a second order for hardware supplies for Openbuilds OX

I’m trying to put together a second order for hardware supplies for Openbuilds OX and have a couple questions.

Does it matter that I ordered low profile screws for all the screws or do I need a different kind for certain pieces, other than the M3 Cap Head screws?

SMW3D, in your build instructions in the listings for step 1, step 2 and so on, is there a difference in what you call screws and bolts?

Also, what size screws/bolts are used to put the spacer blocks on the gantry? In the build video, Mark says he used 10mm, but a 10 won’t even go through the spacer block itself.

I knew with ordering over 800 little screws, bolts and various parts that I would miss or miscounted a few things and I was right… This, trying to get everything and questioned answered before placing another order.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

@Gimp_Geek I think you have our electronic build manual correct?

Anywhere it states LP on the screw/bolt, it has to be low profile. If it doesn’t state that anything will work.

Everything is low profile but the 8mm, which I recommend you swap to 10mm instead. The screw is the same size, just a 2mm narrower head (Someone correct me if theres an area where a 10mm wont fit though)

800 screws? Sounds like a lot…I didnt get that many. Maybe 250.

Do you mean the Z spacer block that holes the wheels? Mine are 40mm
6mm plate, 6mm nylock, 10mm wheel,6mm eccentric and 12mm spacer

I recommend you swap the Z motor screws to 55mm instead of 65. They are a pain to tighten over such a length.

@Brandon_Satterfield No, I don’t think I have a electronic build manual. Is there a link for it?

@Julius_Jahn The 800 was for everything, screws, shims, wheels and all.

The spacer blocks I’m referring to are the two blocks that go on the gantry between the wheels. It appears that it may require a 20mm length through them.

Also, on the motors, Mark shows that he taps the holes, but do you know what size tap I should use to accept a M5 screw? Is it also the same size I need to tap the ends of the extrusions?

You don’t have to tap the newer motors, which is why you have a nylock

@Brandon_Satterfield , Can you please direct me to your Electronic Build Manual?

It was sent to you yesterday. I will send again.

@Brandon_Satterfield How and where are you sending it to me? Also, is it a link or a file? I’m not getting any notification anywhere or anything in email from you. Can you please confirm where you are sending it? Sorry to be such a bother, but I’m not very accustomed to using Google+.

No problem @Gimp_Geek depending on what format your using there should be a notifications area. It will be there.
Shoot me your email.

@Brandon_Satterfield Email address sent

@Gimp_Geek sent to your email. Up to you of course but may want to remove the post with your email. The spam may start flowing in.

Thank you @Brandon_Satterfield , I have received the manual. I greatly appreciate your help.

so many different m5 screw lengths! so irritating!!