I'm stuck. The wipe with esptool and flash is succesful but it forces the

I’m stuck. The wipe with esptool and flash is succesful but it forces the baud from115200 to 74880 and gives
ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x40100000, len 26280, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0xb8
load 0x0d042d14, len 240, room 0
when connected. Ideas?

Erase the flash memory with esptool (commandline).

Or find the biggest sketch you can find and upload it to the esp.

You need to overwrite some old piece of code that was never overwritten in the memory. Now it thinks the old code is part of the new sketch.

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M the erase_flash works ok. I’m unable to continue after the new .bin has been flashed. So it won’t let me flash a sketch. :confused:

@NotEnoughTECH you can try to upload the nodemcu firmware and then try to upload through the arduino ide again.

I had this issue quite some times, and it probably won’t be the last time.

It might help to set the right memory size in the arduino ide. I haven’t had any issues since i did that.
It might have nothing to do with it, but it is worth the try.

For the esp-07 it is 1MB with 64 spiffs. I don’t know what module you are using. But google knows all😊

I know I have 2MB module from autodetect the chip flash size but specs report 16? I tried both Will google the chip ID and confirm the finding, I can’t get to the stage where arduino IDE is usable but someone on reddit gave me this to try:
You have to re flash the RF calibration data.
Something like http://esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 write_flash 0x3fc000 bin/esp_init_data_default.bin
For more information see “Sdk init data” in the node MCU documentation

@NotEnoughTECH Ah, that sounds viable. Certainly worth the try. Let us know if that solves it.

Will do

Sadly no luck…

What used to work for me, is to find a huge webserver script and upload that. I think the advanced webserver example for the esp in the arduino ide is the one i used.

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M I’ll give it a shot