I'm looking for a solution to a LaserDRW issue I'm having.

I’m looking for a solution to a LaserDRW issue I’m having. When I vector cut, my cutter traces/cuts a shape clockwise and when it finishes, it repeats with a second cut counter-clockwise. That wouldn’t be that big of deal, but it appears that the second cut is slightly outside the first, like one pixel, just enough to be annoying and make the cut far less cleaner than it could be. Ideas?

What software are you doing your graphics in? This problem is usually due to double lines being present.

Adobe Illustrator.

I you are using laserdrw then do not feed it lines to cut, only solid shapes, otherwise you are likely to have it trace the outline of the lines, which is what you described here. It is extremely fussy about what would count as a hairline so it is safer just to feed it solids, with holes/shapes punched out where needed. it will then trace the outline of that shape only once. Like this:

447884e58e19e1737c4933af755ee181.png

Ah…make sense. I’ll give it a try

Thanks Justin! Worked pretty well for LaserDRW. I thought I’d post a few screen shots of what I did. Created first on Illustrator, next placed into Inkscape.On the left is the left is the cutting file on the right is the engraving.

74d110219609709d6ce9a41e728ed6db.jpeg

What is did next is opened up one of the two Inkscape files in LaserDRW and copy the graphic. Next I opened the other file in laserDRW and simply pasted it in.

The files were registered in Illustrator and Inkscape as well, but I find that they are a bit off, thus I pasted “layers” into Laserdrw. You can see that I’ve aligned them manually. Next, I cut the outline, or black shapes. To engrave, simply delete the cutting graphic and the engraving graphic is still registered.

cac88973406da1e708603a5f4a56065b.jpeg