Idea for next update: could you make it work not just with usb otg,

Idea for next update: could you make it work not just with usb otg, but also with standard usb ports? I have a CubieBoard (similar to Raspberry Pi, but better performance and able to run android smoothly) and I would LOVE to use it as the controller for my RepRap.

I see there is OTG on Your board… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cubieboard

“2x USB Host, 1x USB OTG,”

OTG is “something like HOST” - but reduced HOST on device with “slave USB” … that allow to work “like host USB” with reduced functionality …

:slight_smile:

Yes there is, but:

1. You need a Mini-USB OTG cable extra for that
  2. It doesn’t work, even with the cable

:slight_smile: now Your message is more clear :slight_smile:

… because not all device with OTG works with FTDI or AVR-USB :slight_smile:

I can’t clearly say that it’s not the otg cable, that’s causing the problem, because I only have this (old) one I had lying around.
But anyways: it would be nicer to make use of the USB ports that the board has, as you are saving the money for the extra cable (plus: you can’t forget the cable at home :wink: )

@Jakob_Dobberow There is nothing I can do differently within the app. GCodeSim just uses the Android API to discover USB devices. The Android system is responsible to load the USB driver for your port and make the devices discoverable. Having said this, it might already work with the USB Host ports if your Android system supports them.

Code:

manager = (UsbManager) ctx.getSystemService(Service.USB_SERVICE);
HashMap<String, UsbDevice> deviceList = manager.getDeviceList();