I'd like to add FPV to my quadcopter,

I’d like to add FPV to my quadcopter, it’s my first dabble with FPV so I’m looking for a budget / entry level components.

What do you think to the following components?
FX798T Micro FPV Camera & 5.8GHz 40CH 25mW VTX
FXT Marvel Vision 5.8 GHz FPV Goggles
Is this a complete solution or are there other bits I need?

Links:

NOT this one! 25mw might get you 50’ before it runs its range limits.

Then you’ve got to think about the receiver so that you can view.

What bird are you thinking to mount to?

Secondly, I’d like to direct you to Peter @prex61 ​ over at http://www.acesdeals.biz

Tell him what you’ve got, what your wanting, and even your budget. He’ll go balls to the wall to get you what your looking to do.

If anything, Peter also has a free layaway program, if what he finds for you is a bit out of budget at the moment.

I’ve worked with him for a couple years now, and I WON’T buy from anyone else.

Yeah these are for tiny whoops only. Mabe a small park flier plane. Get a cheap screen and a cam tx rx combo cost about 40 quid. But i warn you… Once you start there is no end.

It’s for a syma x5c which is a small toy quad. 50’ range does sound quite limiting, 150’ might be more like it. What tx power would that be?
I was attracted to these bits because of the low weight and complexity, I don’t really want to buy a camera, transmitter, receiver and screen/goggles separately because the risk of incompatibilities is greater.

@Craig_Lawton-Devine Get a hold of Peter. The kit you linked here is ONLY the mini camera and transmitter, you’d still need a compatible video receiver.

For such a small quad your looking at needing around 100mw output power to get any good distance.

I do remember a kit made for the Syma X5C, but since I never owned one I never gave it any real attention.

@Master_Decker_Expose Thanks for the hint on the kit, I didn’t know about it. Initial reviews seem to indicate it’s quite heavy but I’ll dig a bit further. For the receiver I have the FXT Marvel Vision in mind:

@Craig_Lawton-Devine Yeah. Um. For me that kit also is a no go. You could get a better complete kit from Peter for about the same cost. Plus you’ll get customer support like you’ve never dreamed of. Please talk to him before you do much else.