I would like to use the shelling operator in Fusion 360 to make the

I would like to use the shelling operator in Fusion 360 to make the wing geometry hollow. Unfortunately, Fusion 360 hangs, and fails. You can try it yourself: http://a360.co/1QoKKpV

Looking for tips or advice.

@Garin_Gardiner ​ any input on this?

I was able unable to hollow it using the shell feature because of the geometry

however, I was to hollow it by going back in the timeline back to right before you placed the wing tip on the main wing. Then I created a sketch on the side that you have highlighted blue. I projected the small end (side with the wing tip onto the larger side (fuselage side) and then I used the offset command in sketch to shrink it down a hair. I closed off the projected sketch of the wingtip side with a line to close it off. So I now had two shapes: (1) the original wing tip shape that is the original size, and (2) a smaller version. I then extruded the smaller one and pushed it all the way through. I then extruded the original size shape and pushed it all the way back to the the aileron closest to the wing tip. I have pictures, I’ll post them on a second link.

I just discovered the project/intersect sketching operators! Now we are cookin’. I’ll use this to design the framing.

Hey @Brook_Drumm , for arguments sake, say we went with a spiral print of the fuselage, skin only. How thick would you estimate the wall would be? I’m gonna tinker with an idea.

@Brook_Drumm ​, what are your thoughts on including a few cnc cut plywood components? Do you prefer staying with off the shelf components like carbon fibre tubes?