I would like to know what servo type people are using.

I would like to know what servo type people are using.

because I assembled the front BOM and installed an all-plastic 9grams servo and couldn’t get the axles to turn properly…

maybe its my assembly that exert to much friction on the moving component… i dont know and i cant find any video or even photos of how other have succeded… because in all respect, as much the pdf files can tell, they’re not much help when it comes to troubleshooting how and what to do if it doesn’t move properly…

would it be possible to use an aftermarket servosaver ? the ones i printed all get loose after thinkering with the direction… of the wheels.

The recommended servo is a little small as it is was for light fliers and very tiny airplanes. Others have made them work, but you could use a larger servo like a Hitec HS-77BB Low Profile Servo. There is a file in my build files for a servo holder, but you would need to use modified parts. Perhaps someone who made the mini-servo will soon chime in.

To reduce friction, use sandpaper to increase the clearance between the parts so that they move better.