I use Mark Kriegsman 's XYmap code for the RGB Shades,

I use @Mark_Kriegsman 's XYmap code for the RGB Shades, and recently a few people have asked me how to adapt it for other arrays with irregular shapes or internal gaps. Manually arranging these takes a LOT of time and it’s easy to make mistakes: so here is a generator that lets you create a rectangular array, remove certain pixels, and automatically create a mapping function. https://macetech.github.io/FastLED-XY-Map-Generator/

Wow dude, that is impressive! This will help a lot of people. I do all this in a Spreadsheet

@Garrett_Mace - Superb!! I use a spreadsheet to do this but this is much much better. Thank you for sharing this!

Thanks! It can’t do vertically-arranged arrays or fully free-form arbitrary pixel ordering, but I know these edge cases exist and so will that functionality someday :slight_smile:

Garrett that’s excellent. Thank you!

Super useful. Thanks so much, @Garrett_Mace !

Thanks for this. I was going to suggest adding vertical arrangements (i used them once myself) but i see you already thought about it.

Also, thanks for the 7-channel mics you sell through macetech. I have purchased a couple and love them.

It took me ages to plan out my folding square, hours of mapping numbers to faces and getting nowhere quickly, until i worked out that a large xy square and redundant pixels for blank spaces…

And then someone cleverer makes this!

Awesome work :slight_smile:

This is amazing.

@Jesus_Climent I have now added vertical layout, plus h-flip and v-flip functions. This will now work for any rectangular LED arrangement except a complex arbitrary path.

Added convenient row and column numbering to the edges of the grid.

That’s very cool

@Garrett_Mace ​ thank you so much! I had to manually do mine for the 361 pixels my snowflake would take but it only used 113. It is very easy to make mistakes when numbers start running together lol

@Garrett_Mace , this is an amazing tool, thank you. Do you have any example code on how to implement this? I have a hard time ‘wrapping’ my head around populating the array with effects.

How to implement this?