I tried GRBL v1.1d together with actual LW3 yesterday.

I tried GRBL v1.1d together with actual LW3 yesterday. Had to adjust a few lines of code in socketcomms.js (see https://github.com/openhardwarecoza/LaserWeb3/issues/156).
GRBL v1.1d got some nice improvements for laser engraving. In Laser Mode ($32=1) I get smooth movements, no stop-n-go anymore.
Just tested with Adruino Uno, CNC-Shield and Stepper Motors, but no real Engraving. Will test that the next days.

Good work

Thanks! I’ll give it a try tonight. I have been running 1.1 but with the legacy status turned on. The new builds of GRBL won’t fit on the Nano with this turned on so I’m a few builds behind.

@John_Seaton ​ If you don’t need the legacy mode, you could drop a lot of code. Probably it’l fit then on the Nano.

@cprezzi I only needed it for LW, the other programs I use have updated to support the new format. I believe the latest build fits the Nano still with legacy turned off but I’ll confirm that. If it doesn’t then I’ll strip that stuff out to make room :slight_smile:

Eventually I’d like to port 1.1 to work on an STM32 nucleo that has the Nano pin out and form factor and then memory won’t be a problem lol.

@John_Seaton ​ LW now supports GRBL v1.1 :wink:

Will do, thanks!