I think its customary to share the ChilipPeppr equivalent of Hello world right?

I think its customary to share the ChilipPeppr equivalent of Hello world right?

Indeed it is customary, and your results look perfect. What’s that sexy controller you have? I’ve never seen one like that?

Its almost mandatory :slight_smile:

You might also notice that the post it note is there to conceal and end mill casualty of the prior attempt. thank goodness for cheap Chinese tools - I now have a box labelled “Bits of bits”

@jlauer John The "low cost " Chinese VFD that controls my 1.5kW spindle has a front display on it. It detaches and I put a longer cable on it simply because of the mounting location - it wasn’t that easy to see the numbers. I do have a plan for the future however that is so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Fox.

What Id like to do is to implement the modbus RS485 master protocol so I can remote control the VFD from Chilipeppr. Then I can use “M” and S command to control the spindle. I understand modbus (I work for the company that invented it). so would read modbus value back into a new Spindle control Widget in Chilipeppr, and write speed set point to the VFD from values contained from within G-code over or as a manual over rider.

Ill write a requirements document for this as my next big thing.

Need to devote time to the Girlfriend first though. she has been a CNC widow of late…