I saw that some guys here had their cyclone vacuum collector 3D printed.

I saw that some guys here had their cyclone vacuum collector 3D printed. China has one to offer for like 15 USD. Maybe this will be useful to some.
http://www.banggood.com/High-Efficiency-Cyclone-Powder-Dust-Collector-Filter-Top-Quality-For-Vacuums-IA1-p-1028998.html?utm_design=18&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=mail_mailad246_other&utm_campaign=newsletter-emarsys&utm_content=misue&sc_src=email_1915360&sc_eh=de4a22b63a0edbcf1&sc_llid=116285&sc_lid=83595968&sc_uid=h6dHcwztKh&emst=h6dHcwztKh_116285_1915360_277

for CNC work my experience is, that you need larger diameter inlet and outlet, than the 50mm this one has. I use 100mm which is ok, but even more would be better.

I guess it depends on the type of work you do and the size of the unit you have.

For most hobbiest this size is great as many of us just have bench top cnc routers. This is more than adequate for such equipment. Seeing as most just use a shop vac alone. I don’t know if I could print this for $15 or less in materials alone.

Yea, this is the reason why I wanted to share it. 15 bucks is a good price for such thing.

I bought it a few weeks ago. The problem I had is finding a hose to fit on it. The ports are 50mm and a “standard” 2.5" hose will not fit. I cobbled something together last night and I think it will work, but I need to do more testing.

I wanted to 3D print one when I saw this thing. Just 3D printed Adapters for my vacuum and it works perfectly.

@Nils_Hesse have any extra adapters?.. :slight_smile:

@nick_wiegand ha not really but should be no problem to print them they are really simple though :slight_smile:

@Nils_Hesse I might hit you up if my PVC pipe method proves inefficient.