I recently purchased a Beaglebone Green.

I recently purchased a Beaglebone Green. I am trying to make an SD card to either boot from/ flash with/ or run from. I have tried both the wheezing and jessie images and had tried dd from a linux machine and the windiws way from the instructions. Every time I try to boot the Beagle all I get is a listing on the file manager I have the Beagle plugged into. The built in browser does not work as the system preloades on the board does.

I am beginning to wonder if the downloaded images are not exactly the same as the factory installed image. Or am I simply having bad luck ?

Dave

If you are connecting to the BeagleBone via USB and it appears on your host computer as drive then the system has booted up successfully - that should happen with Windows or OS X. Install the USB Gadget/rndis drivers for your operating system that should be on the drive that appeared. After that you should be able to get the network over USB happening. If you don’t have any joy with that then I’d suggest a USB-serial converter to try and get console access.

If you are using OS X it can take a bit more work, especially with newer versions of OS X.