I need some help with what I think might be spindle noise cause communication loss between smoothie and bcnc. The problem is random and hard to determine exactly what is the cause of the drop outs. As an example, the other day I was running jobs all day without issue and now I can’t finish a simple pocket. So far the things I’ve tried are:
- Installed shielded wire in every place possible.
- Added a new USB cable with chokes on each end.
- Rewired my controller assembly making sure to isolate AC from DC and keeping all signal lines as separated as possible.
- Changed USB cable to shortest one possible.
- Other gcode senders but nothing really works outside of bcnc and laserweb…
I was thinking it might be able to add some sort of RC network to my spindle wiring but I don’t know where to start or if this is even a good idea or not.
Anyway, I’m looking for things to try. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!