I need some help with the homing offset.

I need some help with the homing offset. I’m trying to offset from my gamma max 5mm however when it reaches the switch it just stops and doesn’t offset. I think I might have something mixed up because I’m homing to max and not min. Can anyone shed some light please? Here’s what I’ve got so far:

#gamma_min_endstop 1.28-
gamma_max_endstop 1.29-
gamma_homing_direction home_to_max
gamma_min 0
gamma_max 200

alpha_max_travel 1236
beta_max_travel 700
gamma_max_travel 500

Optional enable limit switches, actions will stop if any enabled limit switch is triggered

#alpha_limit_enable false
#beta_limit_enable false
#gamma_limit_enable false

Endstops home at their fast feedrate first, then once the endstop is found they home again at their slow feedrate for accuracy

alpha_fast_homing_rate_mm_s 100
alpha_slow_homing_rate_mm_s 25
beta_fast_homing_rate_mm_s 100
beta_slow_homing_rate_mm_s 25
gamma_fast_homing_rate_mm_s 4
gamma_slow_homing_rate_mm_s 2

alpha_homing_retract_mm 5
beta_homing_retract_mm 5
gamma_homing_retract_mm 5

weird your settings seem right to me. Maybe try un-commenting the limit switch lines and try both false and true? or remove the - from gamma max endstop? doesnt hurt to try :slight_smile:

I wonder if it should be something like gamma_max_retract 5mm or something to that effect. I have a feeling it’s something to do with that.

doubtful as it being phrased as is allows it to apply to min or max. what made you put the pull-down “-” on the endstop btw?

I’m using active optical switches.

ahh makes sense now :slight_smile:

When you are homing to max, is it your intention to invert the plane, i.e. gamma_min is really -200 and therefore gamma_max is 5?

@Douglas_Pearless I’m not sure what you mean by invert the plane. I home to max which puts my Laser bed almost in focus with my lens (all the way up). Offsetting 5mm would put in perfect focus to the surface of my bed. If it offset automatically then I could move the bed to whatever distance I need for my material thickness and be right on every time. I know 5mm is pretty easy to add to my material but I was hoping to automate the process so I don’t have to remember to do it each time. I’ve already forgotten a handful of times…

I think Doug means that is max on your setup fully raised rather than the lowest point? Most machines I believe would have 0, 0, 0 origin at the uppermost point on z and the bottom left on x/y. This should be a simple fix by inverting your gamma step pin and change it to home to min right? I could be wrong about the orientation but it makes logical sense to me at the moment :stuck_out_tongue: Seeing the motor info from the setup file couldnt hurt either.

That was what I was as trying to say, but I managed to be less clear :smile:

I got your back Doug :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol! Anyway, I’ll see if I can invert and home to min then. I’ll Let you know if it works.