I just started setting up another new 1.0b smoothieboard.

I just started setting up another new 1.0b smoothieboard. With nothing plugged into it other than usb and my sd card, I managed to get the firmware to flash. It renamed the firmware file on my card to FIRMWARE.CUR so I’m pretty sure that’s all good. When I power it on, I get LEDs 1 and 4 solid, and 2 and 3 flash for a few seconds, then either go solid on, or solid off, and the board doesn’t respond. I thought it might be my config so I tried a fresh, unmodified config file from the example config, with no change. I do have a 5v regulator soldered on board, but I don’t have my 24v power supply plugged in yet. I’ve also tried 3 different, formatted sd cards with the same result. I just tried flashing firmware again, and this time it didn’t make it through the flashing light flashing process before locking up.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Where did you buy the board from ?

Uberclock, about June 2016. It’s been in storage waiting for a project since.

Contact me at wolf.arthur@gmail.com, if everything you mentionned is correct, it’s likely a bad board.

Actually, sorry to bother you. I figured it out. Silly me, I didn’t check all of the single points of failure. My usb card reader was corrupting every sd card I tried to format with it. I formatted the card with a different card reader, and all is well.