I just realized I had been engraving/cutting stuff with my focusing lens upside down.

gplus
(Ashley M. Kirchner [Norym]) #1

I just realized I had been engraving/cutting stuff with my focusing lens upside down. Whoops. The difference? The one on the left is with the lens in the correct orientation. The edges are also a lot straighter as opposed to being chamfered (which is what started my whole diagnosis of why that was happening.)

(Scott Thorne) #2

What material was that done on? Looks good!

(Ashley M. Kirchner [Norym]) #3

Fluorescent green acrylic.

(Scott Thorne) #4

Looks cool…I’m gonna order some.

(Ashley M. Kirchner [Norym]) #5

I get mine from Inventables.com, cast sheets.

(Yuusuf Sallahuddin (Y.S. Creations)) #6

There is a huge difference in the effect on both those pieces. Glad you found the problem :slight_smile:

(Jose A. S) #7

Could you share the right orientation of the lens?..graphicaly :slight_smile: Thank you!

(Ashley M. Kirchner [Norym]) #8

Look at it. If you can see your reflection, that’s the right way UP.

(Scott Thorne) #9

The curved inward side goes down, I.e the curved outward side goes up.

(Jon Bruno) #10

@Scott_Thorne that description isn’t really helpful… I’m not sure what you mean by that?

(Scott Thorne) #11

The lens is going to be shaped slightly like a bowl, sort of like a contact lens…turn the bowl upside down and insert, concave side down.

(Jon Bruno) #12

Ahhh… That I can visualize. Thanks for the clarification

(Scott Thorne) #13

Lol…anytime Jon…glad I could help.

(Ashley M. Kirchner [Norym]) #14

Looking at it also helps. You can only see your reflection when looking at it the correct side. That side needs to be up.

(Yuusuf Sallahuddin (Y.S. Creations)) #15

Wow, I’ve been having problems with cutting through leather & finally just found out that my lens was upside-down too. Haha.