I have recently got my BLTouch probe working but I would like to go

I have recently got my BLTouch probe working but I would like to go one step further in automating the bed leveling compensation process. I have set up a macro that will probe the bed and home, but I would like it to probe the bed, home, and then set the nozzle height. Basically, what I would like to do is do a probe at the current XY position and use the distance from the bed to set the nozzle height. I know I can tell the printer to probe at the current XY position and report back the distance but how can I take that reported distance and set the nozzle height automatically? Thanks for your time.

G30 z2 to set the zero height 2mm lower than the probe activation point after probing for the bed. Note that it will also set the z offset so use the g92 gcode to clear offset before probing. If that’s not clear enough, I’ll look up my script later.

@Chris_Chatelain When I use the G30 command it reports the distance from the bed. If I add the Z parameter will it save the correct z zero height?

You can also use G92 Z2 after the G30

Agreed with the other guys. Been using G92 offset for a while.

G30 with the Z parameter worked. Thanks for all your help and happy printing!