I have been working on python code for making rough cut tool paths.

I have been working on python code for making rough cut tool paths. I can’t cut very deep with my dremel that I use on my shapeoko2. I am making great progress with the “edge4” and “edge5” algorithms.

Originally shared by Nathaniel Stenzel

I had good luck with 2 of my bucket-milling algorithms over the last few days.

My edge4 and edge5 algorithms are currently working and apparently bug free. The other ones are kind of broken.

@Krzysztof_Foltman right. 3D engraving, but only the rough cut at this point. I may do the final pass code later. The rough cut code generates in under 30 seconds for my one test case that I have used throughout the project.

I put in a mode to make the toolpath for a final cut. It will probably need lots of tweaking, but it is there. I also put scale, rotate,move options and redundant gcode information suppression options.

The final cut mode is now polished. It will cut at the same precision as the image that is provided. It uses a simple grid. Hopefully, that will suffice. You can choose X or Y or both passes in the code. No parameters yet for that. I really need to work on parameters.