I have been playing with my BBB for a few months.

I have been playing with my BBB for a few months. Last weekend, while it was connected to a laptop, I noticed there was no ‘heartbeat’. Only the PWR led was ON. I could not establish an ssh connection. Today, I tried flashing the memory with a fresh installation of Angström: nothing happened on powering the device while pressing the boot button. There is still only the PWR led on. Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you! I tried switching to another USB port: no luck… I ordered a power supply 5V/1A with a barrel jack (if it’s a good one, though, I can’t tell!). If there was not enough current available through the USB cable, would it prevent the flashing process to start at all?

@Sebastien_Gilbert If you have made a BBB flasher image (which image?) that does not start it might be corrupted either when dowloading it of writing it to sdcard. Make sure both partitions mount in the host first.

With the latest flashers I have not had any problems using USB for flashing. I have had some problems with bad USB cables, though, but if you see only the power led and none of the user leds, that is probably not it…

@Elias_Bakken I downloaded the eMMC flasher from 2013-06-20. I used win32DiskImager to write the image on an SD HC card. I received a message acknowledging the correct writing of the image at the end the process. Other than that, since it is the first time I do it, I have no clue what I should expect. These are the files/directory I see on the SD card:
.Spotlight-V100
.Trashes
._.Trashes (4 kB)
.apdisk (1 kB)
ID.txt (1 kB)
MLO (98 kB)
u-boot.img (371 kB)
uEnv.txt (1 kB)

There should be two partitions. That one and one with an etx4 fs that has the rootfs. Is only one mounting on the host?

I could not see the other partition on a Windows7 PC, but I could see it on a Ubuntu PC (?). It is called “eMMC-Flasher”, it has 12 719 items, totalling 532,0 MB. I believe my SD card image is correct. I will make a last attempt to flash the eMMC when I receive a barrel jack power supply. If it fails, it will be time for http://beagleboard.org/support/rma