I can't get my LCD for my 3d reprap to display.

I can’t get my LCD for my 3d reprap to display. It’s just a blank screen (though on) after I uploaded the firmware (via arduino) to my MKS Gen v1.4 board. The wires appear oriented correctly, the firmware appeared to be uploading. The LCD is 12864, but no characters show.

Quick thought . . . I remember years ago that some 12864’s had the two 2x5 IDC connectors backwards. The screen would light up but no pixel action. Good luck !!

Yes, I saw that and tried the remedy but that wasn’t the problem. Actually moved on to trying to use it without the LCD. Unfortunately, no luck so far.

Here is my build

Do you have the brightness turned up? Also on some of the older ones(and maybe now still) there is a pot under the lcd that also controls brightness, and they don’t always set the correctly at the factory. They are a pain to adjust, but it can be done.

@Matt_Barth Yes, I adjusted the brightness after I discovered that was what the pot was, but the problem remained. I think it could be a wiring or connection problem. When I have figured that I could run the printer without the LCD, that became less of an issue. Right now I’m trying to see if I can either get the heater to work as well as the motors using the prontor face through the USB port.

Is it enabled in the firmware?

Actually, I think it may not be. I looked on one website that directed to remove the “//“ from in front of the “# define FULL GRAPHIC LCD DISPLAY”. After I did that, I got error messages after trying to compile and upload the firmware. I assumed I did it wrong.

@George_Allen , no offense but it sounds like your new to compiling code; removing the “//” is referred to as “uncommenting”, effectively the compiler ignores any commented lines. By uncommenting the Full Graphic LCD line in the config it attempted to process the relevant libraries (known as dependancies). Can you post the error messages that the compiler generated, you’re most likely missing some additional library files, i.e. U8Glib.

Michael, you are right. No offense taken. That, I believe, is the problem. On several fronts.

I will post the rest in a few days. I’ve been sick recently

Eventually I got the LCD to work but I’m working on motors now. I’m doing some troubleshooting to narrow down possibilities.