I can't get FastLED 3.1 to work.

I can’t get FastLED 3.1 to work. I have reinstalled the arduino IDE and I thought that I removed all the old 3.xxxx code before installing 3.1 that I downloaded.

I originally installed 3.xxxx from the Teensyduino installer, but removed all of that before installing it all again without FastLED

Would there be something in the registry that is giving the wrong version number?

Is there any way to check which files it is using?

At the moment I am just getting the error “exit status 1
#error “Requires FastLED 3.1 or later; check github for latest code.””

If you installed libraries using Teensyduino installer they might be in a location such as this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino-1.6.5-r2\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries

Found this info from the PJRC forums here:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/32181-Teensyduino-amp-Arduino-1-6-6-library-confusion

Also, you might try turning on “verbose output” in the Arduino IDE preferences to see the paths its using.

Also, which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

I’m using Arduino IDE 1.6.6. I’ll check out the info on the PJRC forum and try and completely remove my version of FastLED again.

I’m downloading 1.6.7 and see if that helps

OK I’ve uninstalled completely and deleted the folder from my program files directory. reinstalled Arduino IDE 1.6.7 and Teensyduino (without FastLED). installed FastLED 3.1 and I am still getting the error -

In file included from C:\Users\jay-jay\Documents\Dropbox\Arduino\libraries\FastLED-3.1.0\examples\DemoReel100\DemoReel100.ino:1:0:
C:\Users\jay-jay\Documents\Dropbox\Arduino\libraries\FastLED-3.1.0/FastLED.h:12:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3.001.000 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
#warning FastLED version 3.001.000 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.)

I’m not sure if it really does think I have version 3 or not though

Right I think it is recognising the correct version of FastLED now and the other errors I am getting are due to a bug that is talked about here https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/issues/234

Also - remove the line that says “#error Requires FastLED 3.1” - there’s a bug in the arduino ide that causes that error to fire even when the version number/check is correct.

Also this “3.1.0/FastLED.h:12:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3.001.000 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
#warning FastLED version 3.001.000 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.)”

Is just a warning - it was a way for me to write out the version of the library into the build log so when someone gives me a build log, I can see exactly what version they’re building with :slight_smile:

@Daniel_Garcia Thanks for your help!