i am try to do a firmware update and i have a questions about

i am try to do a firmware update and i have a questions about this file that i am trying to download to a directory folder, when i open it it just open up, not like the other files that i download how should i download this file .

Download file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50261731/avrdude.conf

Mouse over the URL, right click, save-as and it will download to your Downloads directory

Or you could highlight all the text in the file, copy it, and save to a file named avrdude.conf on your PC.

Save-As method is less error prone

Thank you I will give it a try

can you give an example of what i should type into commmand prompt , all my files are in one folder called flash_tinyg and they are in my c drive .

@Kurt_Schuppert Assuming you want to load 440.18, “avrdude -p x192a3 -c avr109 -b 115200 -P COM1 -e -U flash:w:tinyg-master-440.18.hex” without the quotes, replacing COM1 with your tinyG COM port

I recommend cut, paste and edit (for COM port).
This is the command line, one bad character can ruin your whole day :slight_smile:

Here is what i am cut and paste, and this is what it keeps telling me

crosoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
© 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\kurt>avrdude -p x192a3 -c avr109 -b 115200 -P COM3 -e -U flash:w:tinyg-master-440.18.hex
‘avrdude’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\kurt>

In what directory did you put all the files?
If, for example you put them in C:\Users\kurt\flash_tinyG,
then your need to : cd C:\Users\kurt\flash_tinyG first, then issue the avrdude command

This is where it is on my computer, if you could help because I am too
dumb, to figure out what the name should be

The error message says it cannot find avrdude in the current directory (C:\Users\kurt).
What does the dir command return when you are in C:\Users\kurt?

BTW, I would guess that the files you downloaded are actually in C:\Users\kurt\Downloads.