I am having difficulty in finally getting the Big OX in operation using Chillipeppr/Json/Tinyg,

I am having difficulty in finally getting the Big OX in operation using Chillipeppr/Json/Tinyg, when I do get a gcode loaded the spindle apparatus raises about 3mm then the axis go’s into motion but never engages the work surface then suddenly the spindle plunges into the surface, now today when loading Jason the following message appears “no ports to list” tried to reload Json with the same results.

Is it possible your Gcode is picking a WCS at the start of your run that causes the 3mm change? On the no ports to list, SPJS just gets it’s list from the operating system, so that indicates your OS isn’t seeing your device. This usually just means there’s a USB issue like cable bad or slightly unplugged.

John those were my thoughts as well, exchanged the cable, rebooted several times, today after several attempts to operate, the same message for Json appeared also every time I choose the go home position the machine will not jog until the power is turned off or another thing when Z go’s to zero it will not jog from that position. the only recourse is to reset tinyg and that is not always the answer.

Unfortunately I am still having issues with Chillipeppr/Json/ Tinyg, i.e.: aside from not having full control after homing the cnc. one laptop with win. 10 loads the three entities ok on most occasions, however on another laptop with Win. Vista Json finds com port 3 and yet on my Desk top with Win.10 “no serial ports to list”,
the latter are adjacent to each other near my wireless router, I should mention that the cnc and lap top mentioned in the first instance are located about 65 feet distant (garage) from the wireless router??

“No serial ports to list” means it’s your operating system and/or hardware. One way to debug is open your Device Manager and watch what happens when you insert/pull out your USB cable to see which COM port it creates.