https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChTVoIdWb5jsndFLI8QOXZg Originally shared by Jon Gritton Last week I finally gave my Prusa i3

Originally shared by Jon Gritton

Last week I finally gave my Prusa i3 Mk2S a long overdue service (mostly belt-tightening and cleaning) and, after some hours of torture test printing, also had the chance to print with my first reel of Filamentum PLA Extrafill, in this case, “Vertigo Galaxy”. I’d seen a few prints using this Extrafill materials on here but with 95% of my customer orders being the dull old white, black, grey, etc., I couldn’t really justify getting in a reel of this stuff just for fun, but I snapped last week and did anyway. REALLY pleased with the results of this head by cerberus333 at Thingiverse (thing 1559944), printed 75mm high. This is at 110 microns and the surface feels completely smooth. I’m particularly happy with the layer end “seam” (configured to run up the back of the head) which is almost invisible. This really is one of the best PLA prints I’ve done in a long time. All I need now is an excuse to buy other variations!

The filaments with fleck in it like this always does really well in hiding layer lines, etc