http://www.banggood.com/Micro-Electric-Hand-Drill-Adjustable-Variable-Speed-Electric-Drill-p-921652.html?p=CS03105712041201608F Thought I'd share this with you guys.

Thought I’d share this with you guys. looks like this would be handy for basic circuit board work. nNice round 40mm body for mounting to cnc. variable speed. I bet you could also remove the chuck and find/make a small ER collet chuck for it.

It looks like an inline drill without a reduction gear box. I wonder what the runout is?

@Paul_Frederick That is a very good question. I would hope it would at very least have a Double Row Angular contact bearing in the nose of it even better if it had 2 single row bearings properly packed out… but I think that is asking a bit much for that price point.

Reading through most of the reviews seem surface level at best but you find the occasional one that mentions decent torque and a few that mention next to no run-out. assuming they know what run-out is they don’t mention how they checked it or what the real results were. I’ve seen plenty of things that look like the spin true then a .0005" indicator will tell you otherwise.

@Bryan_Barnes_BBmech7
Twist drills are self centering in contact with the work. Other bits rattle around if the bearings are not tight. So it really depends on the nature of the work if a tool has “next to no run-out”, or not. Mention was made of using this tool as a CNC spindle. Then other bits would be in use.