http://printrbot.com/shop/printrbot-simple-beta/ Oh gods! How is that possible?

http://printrbot.com/shop/printrbot-simple-beta/
Oh gods! How is that possible?

Cutting more and more corners.

hard times for MakiBox … same price, but really available

Look you can make button sized objects! (LOL) - It could be a fun/cheap intro printer just to learn the basics although when I started out I wanted something that wasn’t completely wrought with issues from the get-go. If it gets someone started cheap it’s better than nothing.

I ordered one. The price is right.

I thought the original Printrbot was supposed to be $300?

I also ordered one. At beta price.

@Michael_Audette 100 mm cube is actually large enough for many objects, you seem to be thinking of a cube 10 mm or one inch or so. Old-style Mendel corners should fit in 100 mm iirc.

Probably big enough to print all the components for a Reprap, from there you can just scale up. $299 makes a $2000 machine, don’t know about the size of the reprap pcb’s etc. But finding out would be worth the exercise, how much cheaper you could get larger equipment just by starting out small.

newbi to this - what computer program is used to design and run this beastie?

If I had the money is buy it just for the hell of it… But fishing line for belts? Does that actually work well?

@Jeremy_G_WeisTek_Eng Fishing line belts have worked well for the Tantillus, so it’s not impossible. I don’t know about this particular implementation though.

I guess that’s what us beta testers will find out – but I suspect that they didn’t produce 99 kits without having done a couple of fairly serious internal alpha tests first.

BTW, those sold out quickly. 25 grand, in the pocket, just like that :slight_smile:

@Corey_Punches Where did you find a video?

Can’t wait… Already designing parts for my Fpv needs

@Gunter_Schutz 100 Betas is not “available” but hey :wink:

@Nils_Hitze well, they’re saying general orders will open May 20, but then you can order a production series Makibox now too :slight_smile:

One important difference - the Printrbot is shipping on Monday… The Maki is claiming 6-10 weeks, but who knows?

Kossel uses fishing line. The Simple comes with 60 lb Spectra line - which should be better than the screw drives in a Maki as they are more likely to have screw wobble and backlash.

@Robert_Silvers Printrbot Simple or Jr?

The Simple is the new one that they sold today for $250. I think they have 1 or 2 left that that price on their website. It uses Spectra line. I am not into cheap printers, but don’t want to buy a good one while waiting for my good one.