How much workspace area would I need for the large ox 750 X 1000?

How much workspace area would I need for the large ox 750 X 1000? I am trying to see if my storage area in my garage is big enough. If the ox take up 30X43" what else should I account for?

My current bench is 36" deep and I have 62" wide. It need a little cleaning…

Ask yourself if you ever want to walk around it to fix/adjust anything ever… or will you always reach over everything? Is the table on wheels? Allow for all the ‘extras’… This is where you can plan your own demise.

Remember than the y-steppers overhang the 750mm width of the frame so the true width is over 800mm. Also consider space for power supplies and dust extraction (old vacuum cleaner?)

I have a slightly larger workspace, with a bench twice the length of yours with half now dominated by a 1000x750 OX. I actually moved my 3D printer and PC onto a mobile server rack to free up more bench space as I found it very limiting. If that is your only work space available then I’d honestly suggest considering if something smaller like a 3040 would suit your needs better.

Also, I’ve seen some more adventurous people mount CNC’s to folding benches which has always struck me as a more space efficient solution.

You need to access machine comfortably from at least 2 sides, preferably from all 4 sides, but 2 can be narrower, as less often used. I would prefer smaller machine with better access options than big table and no room to walk around it. Table on wheels might be a good compromise.

@Bruce_Walker , @Jeremy_Arnold , @sszafran Thank you so much for your feedback. You have given me much to think about. Looks like centering it in the workspace with a large sliding shelf might work or suspend it from the ceiling and drop it down to a cutting table.

My only other option is a 12’x16’ storage building out back but it has no power. Getting reliable power is about $3000. It has a lot of potential with power being the biggest hindrance.

I was quite concerned with the footprint too, so I modified my OX so that it only uses one Y stepper (with a shaft across the gantry); this saved a few inches of width. I have my cable chain on the same side as the single Y stepper, so no wasted space there. I also flipped and moved my Z motor to trim the height down some.