How many perimeters and how much infill do you all use.

How many perimeters and how much infill do you all use.

Browsing thingiverse I get very curious seeing the wide verity of settings used. Comment below as I have done with what you usually use, I’ll graph it up in a few days.

Perimiters: 3
Infill: Rectilinear
Density/Spacing: 40%

Perimiters: 3
Infill: Rectilinear
Density/Spacing: 40%

Totally depends. For prints that see a lot of strain from bending, you should use more perimeters and solid layers. For parts that are strained by tension/compression, a higher infill is more useful. So, again, depending on what my parts will be used for, i use anywhere between
2 perimeters and 3 solid layers
10% hexagonal infill
and
10 perimeters and 15 solid layers
50% hexagonal infill
(0.5mm extrusion width with ~0.25mm layers, so that’s between 1 and 5mm of wall thickness)

2 Perimeters, Rectilinear infill (easier on machine, longer moves for lines of infill), 15-20% infill density.

@Thomas_Sanladerer (aka combo breaker), I vary wildly too on parts that need strength, but If I’m just printing a thing (Yoda), leave it on my defaults which are above. I’m totally taking the median from your answer, it does show me that you generally use a lot of infill material. My thinking for making this poll is that I think in most cases; very sparse infill and a lot of perimeters is possibly best from a strength over print time perspective.

Depends on the job. And I’m still experimenting to. Tends to be
2 perimeters
15 to 25% density
And rectilinear infill.

@Bracken_Dawson sorry for breaking the combo - here’s the basic setup i use as a basis for most prints that don’t see huge amounts of load:
2 perimeters, 3 solid layers
15% hex infill

@Thomas_Sanladerer np, you might have hit on the real answer, this is a group for discussion after all. Maybe the software should not show # of perimeters etc, but show choices for “fast and strong in bending” and “light and strong in compression”, in easy mode at least. For now it’s very manual and people have their favourites, which we can graph!

@Bracken_Dawson good idea. But then you get the latest version of Cura and run it in fast print mode.

For PLA on my I3
2 perimeters
230 degrees hotend, 75 bed.
70mm/s perimeters, 60 on small and outer.
3 layers top and bottom
Rectilinear every layer
Infill prior to outer.

I have played a lot to get up to these speeds and can only run this fast on my buda nozzle, Ed3 won’t run as fast without clogging.
Love to see your final results, would like all to post speeds and H.E. temp to see if there is a linear correlation.