Hi, Something I wanted to share and that possibly will make fdm printing compete

Maybe an improvement would be adding a brush on the exterior side of the belts to clean off any filament bits stuck to it?

@Ryan_Carlyle Wow, you found someone who somewhat went through the same developement cycles I went through. Only thing is I started of from the current lay-out and then tried the straight belt lay out. In my experience the curved belt with friction wheel is far more superior. I already thought the world is too big for me to be the first one to try this :slight_smile:

@SirGeekALot
Thanks for thinking with me! In my experience with this sytem is that there is no filament to whipe off, the belt and friction wheel will keep the filament fully in tact because there is no measurable slip.

I ordered some 200 mm closed loop gt2 belt. Need to give this a try!

@Markus_Granberg Welcome to the future of fdm printing! :wink:

@Martijn_Korevaar_Vae One other suggestion: instead of using 2 gears contacting each other (stepper and large printed gear), use a belt between the two, because it should wear less than the two gears grinding against each other (the plastic gear may lose or break teeth over time).

About gears… must say that my first geared wades has yet to grind down its gears. They hold up remarkable good… has anybody had problems with a wades eating it’s gears?

My first Wade’s had one ABS gear and one PLA gear. IIRC, the ABS getting was getting chewed up by the (harder) PLA.

@Martijn_Korevaar_Vae Is it possible that you can share a step file? Stl is a big pain in CAD :confused: