Hi, I'm doing some try with the esp8266-01 module wired to Arduino UNO as

Hi, I’m doing some try with the esp8266-01 module wired to Arduino UNO as in the diagram below and using as library the AltSoftSerial. But on friday last week it’s happened something… strange! In the morning it worked perfectly, in afternoon sometime, and in the evening definitely no.
I tried to change all the cables because I thought that was a problem of them, but it’s not this!
I also thought I’ve accidentally changed the code, so I tried with an example sketch but I got the same result…
Someone has already tried to connect the esp using this library? If so, can you post the diagram? Thanks

Исходя из твоего описания и рисунка, у устройства закончились батарейки :wink: p.s. лежит в столе. Думаешь, пора доставать?

https://circuits.io

@Dmitri_Nesterov excuse me, can you write in English? :sweat_smile:

@Cri_Didi yes, but what the problem? You don’t have Translate button? Solve that problem first in Google Plus Support community :wink:

FYI there’s a plug-in for the Arduino IDE that allows you to run Arduino code on the ESP8266, so you might not even need to connect them. Of course, that works better with e.g. an ESP-12 or NodeMCU board since they have more IO pins.

soft serial is to slow for arduino uno. you can use uno serial only. because baudrate 11520 is needed for esp8266!

@Andreas_Zwiersch may I utilize hardware RX TX for serial communication with ESP? And the man says that everything has worked in the beginning…

Software serial is unreliable with the esp and bluetooth modules (AT mode), bit you can get around that by eliminating the arduino entirely.

Why not program the esp8266 with the arduino ide? You don’t need the arduino at all.

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M it is esp -01 mod. Hope well you connect it to Arduino IDE?

You can just connect it with the rx and tx serial pins. In the arduino ide (board manager ) you can add the esp8266 plugin. Then select it from the boards menu.

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M I prefer this way: https://www.hackster.io/harshmangukiya/program-esp8266-esp-01-with-arduino-ide-efb05f

@Dmitri_Nesterov Aaaah, you are using the arduino as a serial programmer. That should work fine.

Allthough you might have to remove the arduino chip from the headers for this to work. Otherwise the serial data is also received by the arduino and that could mess up your data.

@Mano_Biletsky_Open_M ​​ never had a problem with inserted MCU with Bluetooth module. Yet have not tried on ESP-01. Moreover, I think we prepared the extended answer on the announced question :wink:

Where’s the plus connection for arduino board?

@menuka_udeshana on the lower headers in the first section. Labeled 5v or 3.3v depending on the voltage you need.

Check out the different voltages of ESP (3,3V) and Arduino (5V). Condensator > 100 uF helps for much more stable power to ESP. Therefore the voltage divider is right for ESP RX. It works also fine up to 1 K Ohm. Yes, hardware serial is much more stable for needed 11520 baud rate. Flashing ESP with arduino IDE needs more expierence (see http://hackster.io URL). With serial connection to Arduino you can use ESP AT Commands for what you like …