HI, I imported FastLED 3.1 to my arduino installation but error checking reports that

HI,

I imported FastLED 3.1 to my arduino installation but error checking reports that i am still running a lower version.

I have the Teensy installation that came with FastLED so it might be a conflict there but I can’t find where that is installed on my Windows machine.

Thanks,

Rob

If you are using the Arduino IDE, then it will be in the libraries folder within the your “My Documents -> Arduino folder”. Rename the old version to something like FASTLED_old

I am using Arduino IDE but with Teensyduino installed and the ‘contributed libraries’ are not in that location … I can’t find where they are installed at all

If you move to the root if your c drive and then search for fastled, it should come up…

still no luck unfortunately. I have a feeling they are in the ‘application data’ folder or suchlike, and i have recently upgraded to windows 10 and can’t seem to see inside those hidden folders, even when i change the folder view to be able to see the folders themselves

try here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries

Ps: Do not install FastLED library from Teensyduino install

Also - remove the error check warning - there’s stuff that arduino has done in recent versions of their app that breaks the ability to check the FastLED library version in a .ino file (you’ll note that I’ve removed that error check from all the examples)

I knew there was a good reason that hadn’t upgraded to windows 10 :wink: The location is here c:\Program Files (86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries if you can’t get to that location then I suggest uninstalling teensyduino and the arduino ide, then reinstall them but don’t tick the Fastled box in teensyduino. Usually this won’t delete your sketches from your documents folder (are least on windows 8.1), but it might be worth copying them to another location just in case :wink:

It might be worth right clicking file manager and choosing run as administrator

That’s great, many thanks. I’ve removed FastLED from the teensy hardware file and imported it through the library manager :slight_smile: