Hi every one, Another update, The FabKit Mk4 is together! Good news,

Hi every one,

Another update,

The FabKit Mk4 is together! Good news, nothing major was missing and it looks great! Sadly the logo no longer lights up, but I think having better air flow wins! :wink:

We tested out our packing and pretended to be you when putting it together, so we think we have a fairly good idea going forward with the manual.

The manual is taking a little longer to do, we wanted to make sure it is clear so you don’t find yourself having to take it apart because you missed a step or we did not explain it well enough.

We are also waiting on a few parts that we added to the electronics such as more wago connectors (they make life so easy), and a bag of nuts which we ordered in the wrong pitch. Other than that everything went together without any issues.

So what is on our to do list?

• A few corrections to some of the sub assembly bags discovered in our test assembly (Some extra screws here and there).
  • Packaging of the sheet components box
  • Packaging of the hardware box
  • Cutting and crimping cables now that we have finalised lengths.
  • Packaging the electronics box
  • Writing the manual.

In the images there are also dimensions of the Fabkit to help with your preparation of its location. The extraction hose from the machine can come from the left or the back, you will ideally need an extra 30cm for the hose.
(we recommend the back for best air flow)
The fans we use have an air flow of 520m3/h.

Although acrylic in the images, your electronics panels will be metal :wink:

We also did some quick tests with the decibel meter. The machine operates under 50 decibels, with the compressor running, it is around 60 decibels.

Will try and post a draft of the manual later this week so you can get a preview,
I know some of you are getting antsy but we are working as hard and as fast a possible without cutting corners.

Thanks again for your support and patients.

I see my pallet stay ready to picki-up :slight_smile: great job!

It looks awesome. Good job !
Speaking of wago, I discovered a nice usefull thing last week: wago 221-500
Just sharing :wink:

I think I can make some time this weekend for a trip to Eindhoven!.. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry to ask many questions but the chiller doesn’t look like “regular” CW-5200, size is the same ? If you have a reference, I’ll found my answer.
I’m still working on my table and I’m short on height because there will be a window behind th machine and I’d like to be able to open it. So if I place the chiller under the machine each cm counts :wink:

@Maxime_Favre dont be sorry :smiley: ask away it normally means we have forgot something :wink:
Its not the CW5200 indeed its a better one :wink:
Its approximately 35x40x55cm, the ideal minimum clearance for the chiller is 40cm width 60cm height and 60cm depth, the hoses come out the back of the chiller, the power cable comes out the right side.

We have the FabKit sitting on a steel table we made,
its about 70cm high 80cm deep and 120cm wide.

Uhu it’s higher than CW-5200. I’ll have to be creative :wink:

missing/deleted image from Google+

Sadly it is not possible to rotate the chiller in the way you suggested.

Yup the compressor inside needs to stay vertical.
Thanks for the pics !