Hi community! I have a problem with one of my led installations and I

Hi community!

I have a problem with one of my led installations and I need to sort it out pretty fast… (no fastlef related)

I posted it in facebook in the group “Addressable LED Installations and Sculptures” Perhaps somebody wants/could look at the post?

thanks!

I can’t see any video of the fault.

How long are the DATA cables form the Nanos to each strip? Have you ground wrapped the DATA cables?

How are the nano’s powered as in what / where is their power source and what / where is the pixels power source? I understand your grounds are good and all connected.

data cables are 150cm long. no ground wrapped data.

nanos are powered with the same 3 12v60a with which led strips are powered. grounds are good connected.

as explained, the system was working 2 hours before it started to fail. the only thing that substancially changed is the fact that the arms are now mounted in the metal structure, and of course the source of electricity, but I checked to electricity sources and it failed in both, while mounted to the metal structure

Perhaps some gnarly inductance somewhere what happens when you only have one nano plugged in and running?

I finally sorted out the problem by changing the arduinos frequency from 400khz to 800khz…

@Leo_Bettinelli Thanks for the update. that is weird. I would have suggested you ground wrap your data line. 1.5m is long!

I have driven strips with 10 meters long cables without problems… Nevertheless is weird that changing the frequency to 800khz sorted out the mess, isnt it?

Yeah I’m running 5 ws2811 trees with a pair of cat5 cores about 5 meters with no problem. I guess some people have allot of noisey power supplies or something.