Hi All, Time for another update.

Hi All,

Time for another update.

First off we hope you all had a good Christmas and a happy new year,
Recently we have been getting stuck into the “dry” details which will hopefully make your construction of the FabKit a hassle free and an enjoyable experience :slight_smile:

We have been testing various packaging concepts and have opted for a sub assembly method. Basically there are multiple bags with all the components for each individual stage/sub assembled component.

This week will be an especially busy one. As we are due to receive all the remaining parts; which took a little longer to ship because of Christmas.
Once received we will be able to finish off the sub assembly bags and package up the kits. This will also including the one we currently have assembled, this is so we can then un-box it and assemble it in the same way you will all be doing shortly :smiley: This will allow us to flesh out the manual with real photos of the process while ensuring all the stages make sense and are in the best possible order.

Once the manual is finished it will take a few days to get it printed once received they will be ready for collection and shipping :smiley:

Awesome. Nice work @Bonne Wilce Looking forward to putting this together.

Ek kan nie wag nie!

Don’t make it too easy :wink:

Easy is good… Then my son can see how it’s done when we build ours, and then help at our Fablab to build theirs! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes indeed Francesco… he can help!

Last week of Jan approach unstoppable! Speed: faster than anticipated! Are we ready?!..

I’m not. Will need to do a lot of work this weekend to get the laser table and such build.

Oops! Better shape up and get ready then. @Krijn_Schaap ! I’m almost done in the shed… Last Wednesday that freezer was finally picked up by the city trash svcs, so I can finally work on the last prepatory parts, but whatever happens, I have space for it! (But apparently I actually need to do work for my employer to earn that salary that pays for these thngs! :o )
Table is planned, but does indeed still need to be built… But it’s not mandatory for the FABkit to arrive and get assembled! :wink:

@CescoAiel Well, as you say, its not mandatory for it to arrive and get assembled. I can’t do that in the spot I want to put it anyway. So it might probably be better to get it all build and then see what’s going to be needed in terms of tables and such. Looking forward to it though, it’s going to be so good to finally have access to a laser cutter on a daily basis :slight_smile:

We should be on track to start delivering/pick up end of jan only thing will be if you want to wait for the printed manual or just have the pdf version. As printing the manual may take a few days longer as we wont be able to finish it till later next week.

So you should all have some time to make room :wink:

I would recommend having ample room to layout the components and an extra pair of hands is really beneficial for assembling the main body as the panels although fairly light are pretty big to handle. :slight_smile:

Meh, pickup during wintersports … guess is will hopefully be the first week of february for me then. But by the sound of it, i should be cleaning up a bigger assembly area. Also, pdf version of the manual would work for me.

Pdf is fine. Let’s spare a few trees

Please let me know when i can pickup my laser kit. (The Heage i prefer) Pdf is fine for me.

PDF is fine for me, and if it helps, I could coordinate with @DIGITALLI_NL for the pickup… He runs the FABlab in our library (and would be where my son’d go help…)

If you like to see or want to use a lasercutter, wire bender, 3d (food) printers, large format printing, flatbed printing, sublimation, plottercutting or large format laminator, mug printing or t-shirt printing… Just come to FabLab Zoetermeer at the 2e Floor at the library of Zoetermeer, Duitslandlaan 440.
Or take a look at http://www.fablab-zoetermeer.nl.

cool @DIGITALLI_NL did not realise you had such a selection of tools :slight_smile: we shall have to plan a visit :slight_smile:

It’s ‘our’ FabLab he runs there, and it’s that FabLab that got us (wife, son and me) truly started on laser cutting (and 3D printing)…

Oh, and why don’t you bring both our FABkits along when you come over to check it out! :stuck_out_tongue:

They won’t both fit in the car :wink: