Hi all, new here.

I keep changing the color… they’re all so pretty. So, better impeller, lengthened nozzle a little, slightly better intake, and 4mm deep holes to accomodate mounting as a grill - just super glue in.

Alright, 4.30am, files are updated. Time to sign off! hahahaha

@Jotham_B
Jeez. Good job.
What do you think about the designs on rcgroups having the motor so close to the turbine? The drive shaft is extremely short on those. Not sure what difference it makes if any aside from the longer one being more prone to break.

In theory it shouldn’t matter. We have a universal joint to take up any of the missalignment if there is any. If the shaft is breaking them we clearly are under sized. I found a sizing chart yesterday and we’re on the upper limit of what can be done with a 3mm drive shaft. Not beyond it, just a little close to the upper limit. If it makes you more comfortable I can make some tweaks and get you a version that accepts 4mm shafts and larger bearing.

Direct mounting has the advantage of being more rigid. I can’t imagine that being an issue here though I’m open to changing it if evidence indicates it is necessary. I like the current mounting system because it allows the user to get creative and mount whatever they have using their own bracket. Very modular if you will. We will have the CG forward more with the longer shaft but the batteries can be moved around… I have noticed many Jets have everything as rearward as possible. Leaves me wondering if it because they’re only using one battery?

@Jotham_B Printing now Jotham

^ current state of mine. I’m not sure if you follow the thread on RC groups that I linked earlier but all parts for it have arrived except the motor and ESC - the aliexpress seller tried to scam and it was never delivered. Just waiting on the new order to get here. Another 2-3 week wait … ah well.Post some pictures when you get it one :smiley: I’d love to see it.

The lid two screw holes need tweaking they don’t quiet line up btw. I’m wanting to make a new one at some point with seats in it, roll cage, model engine etc. Might be a while till I do that thought and just keep the flat lid on it for now.

@Will_Nelson how’s the printing going?
I got a motor and ESC of hobby king. It’s supposed to arrive tomorrow so fingers crossed!

What software are you using?