Hi all, I've been tinkering around with slicer development for awhile now,

Hi all,

I’ve been tinkering around with slicer development for awhile now, and I’ve been wanting to get an idea of how popular various slicers are.

I’m sure I saw a survey on software use in /r/3dprinting a few months ago, can anyone find it?

Also, whether we find the old one or not, I’ve put up a new software survey and it’d be great if everyone filled it out.

survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Q67DR2L

Pic possibly related.

Once done do you mind sharing the poll result? I’ve submitted my entry just now. Thanks!

Is that non-planar layers I see?

@Ruwan_Janapriya oops, meant to say I’d do that. I quickly adapted my Reddit post for this one, and took that out by mistake. I’ll definitely share all the results.

@Mark_Fuller Yup. Soon to be multiple different non-planar layer shapes in a single print.

Great… now I’ll have to add two more axis to tip the hot-end if I want really good surfaces. :wink:

@Mark_Fuller , not actually necessary unless you want real steep layer shapes.

…it’d be nice though.

What slicer do you use to create non planar layers @Nick_Parker ?

Lots of thanks in advance :wink:

It’s one i wrote myself that I haven’t released yet. It’s still missing a UI and a fair number of critical features like automatic support material.

It does do manually placed support though, so I’m pleased to see how popular that option was in the survey results.