Hi all, I'm experimenting with the FastLED library on a few different boards now,

Hi all,
I’m experimenting with the FastLED library on a few different boards now, and right now I have it running on an Adafruit ESP8266 Huzzah board. When I compile and load the code, every thing works fine (fire2012withpallete example sketch, tweaked for the ESP), but I get the following message in the compiler:
______
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/fastspi.h:110:23: note: #pragma message: No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output

pragma message “No hardware SPI pins defined. All SPI access will default to bitbanged output”

______

As I’ve never used one of these boards before, I’m curious if this is simply an expected message?, or is there an additional setting that needs to be included with these boards?

Thanks
(I also just got the Teensy’s I ordered, so they’ll be up next.)

Yes - it simply means you’re building on a platform that FastLED doesn’t support hardware based SPI on at the moment. It’s just informational.

I don’t think SPI output is supported with the ESP. That message shouldn’t be anything to be concerned about, just informing you I think.

SPI is fully supported with the Teensy’s. Pin numbers to use for SPI output can be found on this page: