Hi again ;) I recieved the lasts parts for completing the flying extruder mod

Hi again :wink:

I recieved the lasts parts for completing the flying extruder mod from @Walter_Hsiao
Looks good, prints good !
Still a bit shaky during infill because the dampening bungee cord is missing.
I found some ikea handle who fits quite good.

Meanwhile my flotilla is slowly growing :wink:
Is there something I can do for the small joint on perimeters start/end in the third picture ? It looks like it’s missing some matter at the beginning of the perimeter and th’ere’s a little blop at the end. It occur one every layer even if retraction is needed or not.

I can put them all in one corner but I think I can do something before.
Infill still need some fine tuning, working on it.

Pristine! @Maxime_Favre , after such a teaser you should treat us with a video… :wink: High quality job from +Walter Hsaio (as usual).

Which Slicer are you using? If you use simplify3D there is the coast to end, and extra restart distance variables which are handy for tuning blobs at ends of perimeters or gaps at the start of new lines (extra restart distance can be made positive or negative to help in case you are seeing blobs vs gaps after a retract.

Looking great BTW :slight_smile:

Yes I’m on simplify3d. I printing right now with this setting modified to see the difference between pos and neg value, I keep you updated.
I’ll do a video :wink:

Looks pretty cool. What are the benefits of adding this arm? Smaller linear stage rods?

@Maxime_Favre Hi, I want to build flying extruder and the Arm system like your, could you tell me how could I get the information for the build and material list? Thanks

You can find the articulations parts on Walter hsiao’s thingiverse page. I can provide stl for the extruder mount and the supports for the vertical extrusion. Read walter’s post about the mod: http://thrinter.com/cartesian-flying-extruder/
With the pictures you should be able to build it. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

@Maxime_Favre Thank you for reply so quick. Could you sent me the stl files for the extruder mount and the supports for the vertical extrusion, pls ? supremeoape@gmail.com Thank you again. And I will read the post from Walter.