Hey guys, I thought it was better to ask before trying anything and burning

Hey guys, I thought it was better to ask before trying anything and burning the damn thing.

I’m soldering the pins on motor and ESC but all the ESC wires are blue (motor comes black, yellow and red), how do I know which is which on the ESC?

Ok, so the middle wire is always the control/yellow? I can’t scrool that up?

How Can I Determine My Stepper Motor Wiring Without the Stepper Motor Pinout?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0AEE7B9AD4B3E04186256ACE005D833B
Approach 2 (w/o a multimeter)
Connect the four coil wires to the amplifier in any arbitrary pattern. Send a command to move the motor.
If the motor moves erratically or not at all, then switch one wire from phase A with one wire from phase B.
If the motor is rotating in the wrong direction, then switch either phase A and A- or B and B- (effectively reversing directions).

just go straight left to right it will only reverse the polarity if it is around the wrong way, you wont damage any components

Thanks, that is really weird, I would expect something to go puf if I connected the phase wire with the signal…but ok, I’ll try.

Giligain, the article is for stepper motors, my problem is with a brushless motor’s ESC.

@Andre_Frazatto
Oops, then maybe using the step w/ multimeter is the better approach.

How interesting!
It really makes no difference. If you miss the signal, it will just bip and do nothing.
Everything working now. But I’ll have to change the firmware :stuck_out_tongue: