Hey everyone, I'm finally back in the mindset to attempt the smoothie conversion again.

Hey everyone, I’m finally back in the mindset to attempt the smoothie conversion again. Like @Eric_Rihm and @Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty (I assume this is still true?), I’m using an AZSMZ + LCD combo, and a Weistek middle man board.

I’ve seen rumblings that things might have changed since I last attempted this in terms of the optimal way to swap the Smoothie in. Is that true? Anyone have a good wiring diagram to go off of for the AZSMZ setup?

@Chris_Sader ​ connection of smoothie has moved as per our connection. 1 cable only. Mind that I don’t have an LCD

Sorry, @Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty not sure what you mean. 1 cable from where to where? What about the rest of the middleman and power connections? Keep in mind, back when I tried and gave up the first time, I reverted back to stock, so I’m starting from scratch here.

@Chris_Sader ​ my bad. Start here https://plus.google.com/107471533530265402525/posts/YsNCc5Bnrzq

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty I’m sorry, I’m trying here, I really am.

I don’t have the same middleman board as he does, I have the Weistek, so there are some things that aren’t translating.

On the Weistek, I have a bunch of pins with nothing connected yet:

1. To PSU - one pin labeled IN, one labeled L/H
  2. 5v Out and its associated GND
  3. The GND pin next to 24v in.
  4. LaserFire
  5. PWM

Also, I don’t see a place on the middleman to send the 24v from the middle man to the azsmz like he has it with his middleman.

I obviously don’t have the laser hooked up yet either as I wasn’t sure whether to use LaserFire or PWM or something else…I also don’t see how to connect that to the azsmz from the middleman.

I swear I’m not this stupid. I’ve build 3d printers from scratch without this much of a headache.

No worries @Chris_Sader ill try better, its my fault

Do you have your middleman populated? Meaning it has the connectors? Can i geta picture of your PSU and Stock board?

@Ariel_Yahni_UniKpty yes, middleman has the connectors soldered in.

I’ve got the Y motor plugged directly in to the azsmz, the ribbon cable plugged into the middleman board, and the 5v, 24v and GND from the power supply plugged into the middleman (I haven’t done anything with LO from the power supply plug yet).

BTW, not your fault. Didn’t mean to come off that way if I did.

Ok so here we go. The middleman will only be used as a convertion for the cables

https://www.google.com/search?q=K40+middleman&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiNkOSAo-vQAhWDXiYKHUaEAH0Q_AUIBygB&biw=412&bih=652&dpr=3.5#imgrc=1leLhBUGyHiBrM%3A

So if you connect the ribbon to the middleman you then have to go from there to the X axis driver on the azsmz

Thus just remaining connecting the Y axis that you should be able to connect directly to the azsmz

I just see you update above, so from wich connector are you getting all those? Is it the one from the right?

If it’s that one then you are good. From there you. Need to come out to the board. 5V are not needed so you. Only. Need 24v and gnd

From there just remaining is getting g that L cable from the same PSU connector and putting it into the negative screw on the D8 ( left next to the voltage in of the board) only one cable

Next get my config file from my K40 updated collection and place it on the SD