Hey all! This is not a FastLED question,

Hey all! This is not a FastLED question, but more of an LED / circuit board question.

I purchased some LED shoes and they stopped working within a very short time. As seen in the video the shoes don’t light up properly and colors are off. What would cause them to do this? and after I pulled the shoes apart, I found this board inside. Anyone know of what type of connector I would need to plug this into the computer to program it? The shoes are bluetooth controlled I don’t even know where to begin to reverse engineer this stuff. I just thought I’d ask this fine group if they can help me fix these shoes. Thanks in advance!

Probably a proprietary board. May not even be able to access it. If the shoes use FastLED-compatible LEDs it would be fairly simple to use your own Arduino.

Even better – since they stopped working within a short time – return them for refund or exchange.

@allanGEE The company that was selling the shoes DISAPPEARED, no support, website is gone, emails went un-answered, I will never get them fixed or replaced by them. Not an option sadly. Thanks for taking time to respond though :smiley:

Just checked their Kickstarter – looks like a LOT of people got soaked based on the comments.

You definitely have nothing to lose with some hacking. I see a 4-pin connector and a 3-pin – how many wires go into your actual LED strips? If you can identify the LEDs, then you can find out if they’re compatible with FastLED. If they are, than even an Arduino mini (someone can correct me if I’m wrong) can probably run the limited number of sketches the shoes came with. It would also let you find out if the LEDs or board are at fault.

Even more ouch. Same kind of shoes for well under $100 on eBay.

ha, yeah. I like the idea of kickstarter, so I gave it a shot. The shoes worked for a good while. Then they sat for less than a month and haven’t worked since. And got worse over time. The shoes have been in the closet and I’m thinking of doin’ the fix my self.

There are things like this out there:

https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-mkr1000

Thanks for replies!