Here is a list of the top 10  .

Here is a list of the top 10 #3dprinter . Do you agree with his choices??

I would’ve put the printrbot simple metal as #1. That is an incredible printer for any price. Seriously the best print accuracy I’ve seen has come from that.

No.

i’m gonna go all out and say reprap should be #1

nice post

He has the Ultimaker and the Printrbot metal at #1 and #2 which is what I would have picked. The rest I’ve never heard of so I cant comment.

Rostock max.

No Deltas… Interesting…
And while I love my RepRap… I’d never recomend it to anyone who wasn’t quite technically savvy. By far the most versatile, quite affordable, very upgradeable and the definitely the most troublesome/complicated. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure I would rank the MakeBot Replicator 5G as 4th ??? Maybe the Makerbot R2, but defiantly not the 5G model!

@Steve_Johnstone MB = Overpriced consumer garbage IMHO.

I have to say after observing peoples prints from various printers over the years I’ve not been impressed with MB either and their recent patents made me like them even less.

A completely confusing list except the #1 (Ultimaker 2). Everything else seems to be in a rather random order. Ath the end he didn’t say what his key facts were but putting cheap and really low quality printers like the DaVinci on a higher rank than medium to high priced good quality printers is kind of … well… confusing.

I think there’s no sense in ranking printers that aim totally different markets in one list.

I am in the process of buying my first 3D printer and it looks like I am leaning towards the DaVinci because of the print size and the price. I am still somewhat in the middle. The Printrbot Simple Metal looks good but I believe the print size is not all that great. Anyone here owns a printrSimple?

@LOC_DOWN Yup, I have a wooden Simple XL. It’s fantastic, but was a kit I put together. That’s not for everyone.

@Daniel_Bull I get good prints from my first gen Replicator at work, but I wouldn’t pay what they are asking for current generation models, given what the competition offers for (usually) far less.

@Nathan_Ryan yeah that sounds similar to what I’ve heard from others.

Plus, you know, #takerbot

Did he even test them? Doubt he could have & come up with that list

I wonder what this guy is smoking? The Makerbot 5th gen is utter crap compared to the Rep 2, and the Form 1 is buggy, unreliable and expensive. Not even on his list is the Lulzbot TAZ, which is the most reliable and versatile printer in our store. He doesn’t say anything about the 3 most important 3DP attributes: Speed, build volume and reliability.

Where is Zortrax? Is ten time better then Ultimaker2.