Help with wiring laser enable and test fire buttons

I recently made a new control panel and am at the tail end up wiring up all the new buttons, but could use some help/advice on the laser enable and the test fire buttons I got.

It won’t let me add photos, so I’ll do my best to describe what I have.

LED push button switch has a white NC, yellow NO, green Common, and 2 LED non-polar terminals (black and red)

Momentary LED switch has 2 yellow NC, 2 blue NO, red positive LED, and black negative LED.

I wired a secondary 12v and 5v power supply to supply power for all of my auxiliary devices and the lights for the LED push button switches.

I have a stock PSU with P, G, K- and K+ pins. When the machine is powered on I have 1.57 volts across P and G and I also have 1.57 bolts across K- and K+

The LED push button switches I got have worked great for wiring up some cabinet lights, red dot, and some auxiliary fans.

Here’s how I wired them: green Common from the switch went to my auxiliary power supply to get either positive 12v or 5v. Red and yellow from the switch were tied together and they went to positive on a given device. Black from the switch went to negative from my auxiliary power supply and also tied into negative from the given device.

The problem is when I wire them the same way for laser enable the LED on the switch is always on. I think this is because I have constant voltage across P and G and it is feeding back into the switch. The same problem happens for the LED momentary switch I got for laser test fire.

My question is this: is it possible to wire these LED push button switches to laser enable and an LED momentary switch to test fire and NOT have the LED constantly on? My findings so far are telling me no, but would love additional input.

Thanks!

To eliminate confusion can you provide a sketch showing how the switches are wired to P/G and K-/K+
Also a link to the specs for the switches.

The pins P/G and K-/K+ are paired and should only have a switch contact between them. The inputs to the supply [P & K+] need a solid ground level which is provided by G & K-.
You may be able to illuminate the LEDs without disrupting the LPS controls depending on the switch and how its wired.

1 Like