Hello, I am Frederic from South of France.

Hello, I am Frederic from South of France. With a friend, Georges, we decided to build a QuadStrap 1000. We are 100% newbie in 3D print. We started from the tutorial "How to build it in a flat.
First, I want to say hello and thanks for sharing this exciting project.
I will post some photos and newbie questions very soon !!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Er5-rkOIvseHU4bXgyeXZsQTg/view?usp=sharing

Welcome Frederic and Georges!
You can see the differances of the whole family here:

I’m building a mixed version with italien wheels from Mauro
and Tiny Carriages from Maxim.

Thank you !
Georges is responsible for all the hardware part, me for the software and doc translation in french for him.

Well, many thanks for your advices ! I am a little disappointed of not have been able to choose the right version at first… Since we have already bought the materials, we would like to know if we can continue with the old QuadStrap design without too much issue.
In order to help experts (you are the experts, we are the newbies…) to anwser this question, I have to say that our goal is to experiment fast printing of big objects (some kind of container with specific shape) where precision details are not essentials (mainly the printed container has to be waterproof). And of course we would expect from our first printer to also be able to print (even at low speed) the parts of our next RepRap.

Thank you for your advices & links that we are going to follow. That will lead us from strap to rap with more confidence.