Hello , everyone. I'm wondering if anyone use BLTouch as auto level tool with

Hello , everyone. I’m wondering if anyone use BLTouch as auto level tool with Eustathios? And also what changes I need to do if I want to use BLTouch ? I’m thinking about using Cartesian Flying Extruder with BLTouch. Is it possible ? or I don’t need auto level system with Eustathios ? Sorry for so many questions…

Honestly auto bed leveling is more a complication of a problem than a solution. If you take the time to set your bed right it will cost you less time and money in the end.

The repeatability of my HercuLien and Eustathios beds are so good that I almost never need to make any adjustments. That being said dramatic changes in print temps can effect things. The thermal expansion of aluminum is actually very high. So a bed at 35C and hot end at 200C will have a different seperation distance than a 110C bed and 245C hot end.

A BLtouch bed probe could compensate for bed deviation. But not the linear growth of the hot end at various temps.

What I have instead is get the bed very very well trammed and use that as your reference. Then build in Z offset start gcodes into your slicer recipes. It takes a little trial and error to find the correct valves at differnt temps. But once it is done and you have found the thermal expansion offsets, you are good to go no matter the temps or materials.

@Eclsnowman Compare to the newest 3d printer design, I still think Eustathios is the best for me. I think you are right … It doesn’t need auto level. :slight_smile:

@Eclsnowman Which one I should buy ?
OMRON G3NA-220B-DC5-24 ?
or OMRON G3NA-220B-AC100-120?

They are all SSR

Since you want to trigger with a DC signal in to switch the AC for the bed you want:

Omron G3NA-220B-DC5-24 Solid State Relay, Zero Cross Function, Yellow Indicator, Phototriac Coupler Isolation, 20 A Rated Load Current, 24 to 240 VAC Rated Load Voltage, 5 to 24 VDC Input Voltage https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003B2Z0N6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RSPpxbF9JKCSM

@Eclsnowman Thank you so much, you are the best

@Botio_Kuo thanks. I try to be helpful where I can. Just pay it forward once you have the knowledge :slight_smile:

@Eclsnowman Hi, one more question about the bearing on BOM 10x22x6 Rubber Sealed Bearing 6900-2RS (10 Units)- sum of parts by vender tab said the number is 8. It meant 8 packs I need to order ? Because 1 pack has 10 units … so I just confused … thanks

8 parts, buy 1 pack :slight_smile:

sorry, I have a question. I didn’t see bondtech extruder on BOM sheet. But I need to buy one right? Thanks

Yeah I have the one that I designed in the bill of materials for those interested. But a Bondtech QR is better by far and would be the way I would recommend you go.

@Martin_Bondeus ​ has done such great work refining his design. There’s no way I can compete with that. That’s why I own four of them and a mini :slight_smile:

@Eclsnowman hi, so u meant I need four of Bondtech QR for eustathios ? Thx

@Botio_Kuo no, I just own 4 for all my printers. Long story short get a Bondtech:)

@Eclsnowman hi, so I only need one?!

@Botio_Kuo unless you want to mount a dual extruder carriage. But yes a default Eustathios is a single extruder, so you will need only one.

@Eclsnowman haha thank you, idk eustathios can have two extruder.

@Botio_Kuo ​ HercuLien and Eustathios carriage parts are interchangeable. But of course the HercuLien carriage is larger so you would loose build space in X/Y. I almost never use my dual extruder. Single extruder with a slicer that can generate quality support wins hands down in my opinion.

@Eclsnowman sorry ask again, about the cable for QR, which one I should choice ? standard one ? Thanks http://shop.bondtech.se/ec/extruders/bondtech-qr-175-universal.html

@Botio_Kuo yes the 2510 standard end should be good. But that will depend on the board you buy of course. For example I always prefer a board with screw terminals. But that’s just my preference coming from the industrial equipment side of things.